September 30, 2009

Carter is 2 months!


Our beautiful little boy is now two months old! I didn't write anything for so long, and I've meant to. We already have over a thousand pictures of this sweet little man....poor thing.... :)


Look at the difference in just two months!!


Carter was born on July 31st, 2009 at exactly 9:00pm. He was 8 lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long. My labor was absolutely wonderful, and I'm so thankful for modern medicine. I only pushed for about 20-25 minutes, and was laughing thru the whole labor. My doctor actually had to tell me to stop laughing and push. Steven was so excited, and I couldn't help but giggle at him.

Carter cried for just a couple of seconds, and then decided that it was much more exciting to look around the room at all of his family who had come to meet him. Besides being a little jaundiced, he was born very healthy. He has been sleeping thru the night (6 hour stretches) for quite a while now, and sleeping in his crib since he was 2 weeks old.

Carter is the sweetest little boy you'll ever meet. He hardly ever cries, and he is constantly smiling and cooing - even in his sleep! (I was able to capture these pictures during said act)
As for Steven and myself, we are holding up pretty well. I'm completely exhausted, mostly because I fall asleep every night in the rocking chair. Steve goes to bed while I feed Carter and read scriptures with him, and almost every night, I fall asleep holding the bub and never make it to bed. Now I'm really wishing that my rocker reclined....haha

Steve finally has a job, two actually, after 11 months of unemployment!! We are SO thankful for everything we have. Times are tough for everyone, and we're just glad to have a warm place to sleep and a little food in our bellies. Our new ward is fantastic, and every neighbor we meet is so inviting and sweet. I just wish I could start setting up play dates so Carter can make little friends for himself!

We love you all, and here are just a couple of the pictures of Carter that I took Sunday while Steve was gone all day. (I took at least 600 on Sunday alone...Oh boy, he's gonna have SOOOOO many pictures...)

Always giggling!


Perfect little toesies!


I love the way he stacks his feet and hands when he sleeps


Yep....those are teeth. Doctor confirmed it. eek!
They keep crowning, then sinking down below his gums,
just to come back again the next week...


Sneezes!! They always come in pairs with this little boy.....



His neck is so strong already!! He can sit like this forever!

I just love this new little church outfit!


No comments: