August 1, 2009

Carter Kristjon Young is finally here!!


We went to the hospital on July 31st at 11:00am to be induced. I was so ready to have this baby!!! They broke my water and put me on pitocin at about 12:30. It kicked in so quickly, and my body actually took to the pitocin a lot better than the nurses expected. I only needed the lowest dose to start my labor! Since she had started me on a higher dose, my blood pressure shot thru the roof, and I was put on oxygen. They took me off the pitocin at 1:30 to stabilize me. I had my epidural, and I slept for about 5 hours. When I woke up, they put me back on pitocin, and about two hours later, I was dilated to an 10 and pushing! I actually laughed all the way thru the labor. My doctor actually told me to stop laughing and PUSH! I pushed for only about 20-25 minutes, and Carter was here! He was crying before he was even out. He was extremely healthy, and didn't have to spend any time under the heat lamps at all. He was very attentive, and was looking all around at everyone who came to wish him happy birthday.

Steven and I right after we got to the hospital

My wonderful mother giving me a foot massage

I didn't like having that mask stuck to my face...


Carter Kristjon Young
July 31st, 2009 9:00pm
8 lbs 6 oz 21 inches


Just seconds old...

Proud daddy!

Brand new little toes

With the Giddy Grandparents


This is Charlene's first grandbaby -
she was so excited, and so helpful in the days to come!


As soon as the sun came up after we got him back from the hospital nursery, my camera was out, and I was going crazy!


Spit bubbles!

Kisses from his proud daddy

We're so glad he has lots of hair!
I was bald until I was 2 years old!

No comments: