June 4, 2010

Ten Day Photo Journal - Friday



Wow, one whole week! Seven days down, three to go...I'm really liking this. Maybe I should just continue for 346 more....

"I think I've got it!!"
Jaimee learns studio lighting patterns for portraiture...

(Short Style, Butterfly "Old Hollywood" Lighting = MY FAVORITE!!)

What better way to spend a Friday night than in a dark studio with creepy mannequins, known in the Photo Department as 'Chester the Molester' and 'Big Red' (whose eyes really do photograph RED)?! cheste

I loved today's assignment for Studio Lighting...Plus it counts as two assignments in one, as this is what I did ALL DAY LONG. My wonderful little sis was my model while I practiced my Lighting Styles + Patterns. It went something like this...
"Open Loop, Rembrandt, Butterfly, Split, Broad Style...oh wait...which one did I miss? *Meter, trip over light stand, re-meter, re-meter...notice hairlight is broken, tape, tape, squint, stick out tongue, hop in a circle on one foot*...voila! Make-shift hairlight! AWESOME."

(www.quizilla.teenick.com)


Creeper? I vote YES. Chester with a hint of blonde Willy Wonka hair. Is it just me, or do you see a resemblance? Cousins maybe... hmmmmmmmm...Nah, probably just the same hair dresser. Depp is too handsome.

Now to end on a good note, my Oh-So-Beautiful best friend/sister in the Open Loop and Butterfly patterns I love so much....


No comments: